Many Natural Remedies for Nail Fungus Can Be Found BEFORE going to the Doctor
Natural Remedies for Nail Fungus are required when healthy nail
beds are not pink from a rich blood supply.
Changes or abnormalities in
the nails are often the result of nutritional deficiencies or other
Nutritional deficiencies can create some of the
following changes in the nails:
- darkened nails
- fragile nails with ridges
- growth of fungus under and around nails
- splitting nails
- spoon nails
- white bands across nails
- white spots on the nails
Use any of the following natural remedies for nail fungus to help you resolve many different nail problems.
Solutions range from natural supplements, to herbs to overall general nail care.
There are recommendations available from suppliers as well a download e-book.
Remedies Available With Supplements:
Acidophilus inhibits the harmful bacteria that cause fungal infection
Black current seed oil which is helpful for weak, brittle nails
- Calcium is necessary for nail growth
- Copper is needed to balance with zinc
- Free form amino acid is the building material for new nails and supplies sulfun, which is necessary for skin and nail growth
- Iron deficiency produces "spoon" nails and/or vertical ridges
- Magnesium is needed to balance with calcium
- Silica supplies silicon, needed for hair, bones, and strong nails
- Vitamin A because the body cannot utilize protein without vitamin A
- Vitamin B Complex deficiencies result in fragile nails
- Vitamin C: hangnails and inflammation of the paronychia (tissue surrounding the nail) may be linked to vitamin C deficiency
- Vitamin D enhances calcium absorption
- Zinc affects absorption and action of vitamins and enzymes
Herbs also Provide Nail Remedies:
Additional natural remedies for nail fungus can be applied by using
Try building natural remedies for nail fungus and
strengthing the nails by using:
- Alfalfa, black cohosh, burdock root, dandelion, gotu kola and yellow dock which strengthen the nails
- Borage seed, flaxseed, lemongrass, parsley, primrose, pumpkin seed and sage help nourish the nails
- Butcher's broom, chamomile, ginkgo biloba, rosemary, sassafras and turmeric are good for circulation, which nourishes the nails
General Nail Care Recommendations:
Try these natural remedies for nail fungus using various products from your home.
- to restore color/texture mix equal parts honey, avocado oil and egg
yolk, add pinch of salt; rub onto nails/cuticles and leave on for 1/2
- to strengthen nails, soak them in warm olive oil or apple cider vinegar 10 minutes daily
- keep nails relatively short
- do not cut cuticles; use baby oil or cream and gently push the cuticles back
- do not repeatedly immerse hands in water with detergents or chemicals; wear gloves
- do not pull hangnails; cut them with sharp clippers or scissors
- limit nail polish remover use; use one that contains acetate instead of acetone
- if you wear nail polish wear a base coat underneath to prevent yellowing
- fungal infections can be treated by using a cotton swab to apply a mixture of equal parts of vinegar and water
For healthy nails, be sure to get plenty of quality protein.
legumes, oatmeal, nuts and seeds.
Eggs also are a good source of
Avoid refined sugars and simple carbohydrates.
Eat many fresh
fruits and raw vegetables.
Eat foods that are rich in sulfur and
silicon, such as broccoli, fish, onions, and sea vegetables.
include in the diet plenty of foods that are high in biotin, such as
brewer's yeast, soy flour, and whole grains.
Drink plenty of water.
and cracks in the nails may indicate a need for more liquids.
fresh carrot juice daily, as it is high in calcium and phosphorus and is
very good for strengthening the nails.
Consume citrus, salt and vinegar
Excessive intake of these foods can result in a
protein/calcium imbalance that may adversely affect the health of the
If you are worried about the appearance of your nails, and the above
natural remedies for nail fungus recommendations do not help, seek
Get more Info on These All Natural Products:
Nail-Rx - Effective natural nail fungus treatment.
Here's The Proven Home Remedy For Toenail Fungus Treatment That Starts To Work in 24 Hours Or Less.
Return to TOP
Return to the TOP of Herbal Skin Care Page
Return to Home